Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rambling with a purpose.... (Best)

I'll say it again: Rambling with a purpose.

To me, that sounds like a pretty accurate description of what blogging is.   You throw out all your thoughts, and it somehow comes across as an organized mess (or so you hope)  What purpose can that really serve?
Honestly.  What good is it to lay out all of your thoughts for others to see, and maybe even critique?

Well, let me ask of you one question....

Why are you reading this right now?

 You're exactly right. 

 No, I do not know your exact reasoning for picking to read through this blog post, but that's alright.  You're the only one who has to know why you've chosen to read this blog. 

Alright, alright. I'll be fair and tell you why I read blog.  Inspiration.  I want to be inspired. I want to be inspired by blogs written by people who are choosing to ramble, because within that rambling there is a purpose.

As I read through blogs by teachers, I am inspired in a way that brings me a joy, strength, and genuine sense of assurance that teaching is what I'm supposed to do.  I am inspired by blogs that tell of good and bad days in the classroom, by blogs from educators who are asking for advice from other educators, and even blogs from educators who admit they do not have it all together. I am inspired by all of these types of blogs because, though they may appear to only be ramblings, I believe they are ramblings with a purpose.

Before this class, I wasn't all too hyped about blogging, I enjoyed reading the blogs of other people, but I never saw myself sitting down and developing a real appreciation for this "hobby". 

This class has shown me that I do enjoy blogging.  I enjoy sitting down and rambling with (what I hope) is a purpose.   I'm not a fanatic of blogging (yet) but I do find joy in sitting down and talking about what's on my mind, hoping that it serves some sort of purpose.

Until next time,
Em










No comments:

Post a Comment