Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tidbits on Iowa Core Curriculum

I could go on and on about all of my opinions, praises, and even qualms with the Iowa Core Curriculum.
Instead, I'm just going to touch base on a few things about the ICC that I have learned since my college career started.

First off, the ICC appears to constantly be changing.  I was comparing what it looked like about 5 years ago compared to what it looks like now, in the year 2014.  It's absolutely incredible to see all of the (subtle) changes in the core.  And I can only imagine that the ICC will continue to annually change in some way or another.

The second aspect of the ICC that I want to touch base on is how it differentiates from the Common Core.
I could take days to write about the differences, but that does not sound all to beneficial for any parties involved.  Instead, I just want to point out how incredible it is that Iowa has its own core, and that the Common Core standards have to align with the Iowa Core  Curriculum.

I have a plethora of other things I could say about the Iowa Core Curriculum, but these two things are ones that stand out to me the most.

As I look ahead to having my own classroom, I begin to wonder what the Iowa Core Curriculum will look like when I begin teaching, as well as what it will look like in my last year of teaching.

Until next time,

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment